Friday, January 6, 2012

Zengo (Restaurant)



First of all today January 6th is a big day! It's my best friends birthday Layal Kodsi I highly recommend you figure a way to say happy birthday to her before reading any further! Last night Hassan (Layals fiance) organized a surprise birthday party for Layal at a restaurant called Zengo, the same restaurant he took her to on their first date! Zengo is located next to the verizon center in the District of Columbia the complete address is 781 7th street chinatown NW DC. Andrey and I arrived at the restaurant around 7:15pm when walking in we were greeted by a host, behind her was white drappings. I later found out the downstairs portion of the restaurant(lounge) was being renovated. We proceeded up a flight of stairs into a bohemian/modern restaurant greeted immediately by the second host. Once seated I took the feel of the restaurant in the design was sexy but luxurious, it made you feel at ease but at the same time you knew you needed to be dressed in nice attire to really be in a common flow with the restaurant. While waiting for Layal the server came who was amazing through out the entire night! He was for sure an on point server hitting each nail on the head! He served us edame almost without even asking. The edame weren't only boiled but grilled which I hadn't tried before. The edame was seasoned well, and I thought oh yea it's not just the interior design but the food is going to be good! Their drink list was huge, they had specialty drinks that were hard to choose from, wine, sake, and beer. I ordered the BIRU drink it was based with vanilla infused vodka and raspberry it turned out to be delicious!
If you read my blogs you know I'm huge on bathrooms, if the bathrooms are dirty, not designed well, or just plain boring I'm already displeased with the restaurant. It's like when you're dating a guy or girl and they seem perfect until you walk into their bathroom and in front of you are all of their dirty belongings laying around! That's the same feeling I get when I walk into a ugly bathroom. The bathroom was on the far left in the back when entering I graced through a set of beads!!!!! I almost wanted to turn around and do it again it was that much fun! hahaha The beads were in around the 2000's we had tons of them around the house from my sister hanging them on her door, I eventually fell into the trend around 12 years old if you had beads hanging from your door then you deff. were with the trend. These beads were a little different but just as exciting
">
The bathroom itself was bohemian modern, the trash can was made out of bamboo and half my size, the two sinks were bowl shaped un-attached the bamboo glass behind the sinks were translucent so the figures of the men on the opposing side were visible.
Layals sister soon arrived and I finally was able to meet the beautiful little Rima. She had to be the most gorgeous baby I've seen my entire life. Her lamb outfit and a little flower headband were to die for, I was able to get a picture of her and her auntie that I have to share! By this time she was a model and pictures were being taken from all directions! >The restaurant is a asian-latin cuisine based primarily on a tapas style dinner. They have a range of dishes from sushi to chicken tandoori. Hassan ordered the entire menu, maybe he missed two things! Cold scallops served with chips, dumplings stuffed with shrimp, shrimp tortillas, an array of sushi, thai chicken empanadas, thai shrimp lettuce wraps, peking duck, braised beef brisket, and a meat that you cooked on a hot stone yourself! The server brought out a stone, women will recognize the stone since it's the same one they use for pedicures or back massages. The temperature of this particular stone was 20X more, after he brought out the stone he brought slices of thin meat and two sauces.


None of the dishes disappointed me, each one unique and delicious! I highly recomennd you hurry over there because they change the menu! If you're in NY or LA you can also experience this great restaurant! I take it upon myself to take pictures but if you're interested in checking it out yourself this is the website. http://www.richardsandoval.com/zengodc/index.php
After the feast the cake came out, that was just as gorgeous as the restaurant. It the epitome of Layal divalicious a black bow around the bottom of a chanel cake with little Louis Vuittion, Gucci, Fendi bags sitting on top


The rest of the night I will leave to your imagination! This restaurant was a definite must!

No comments:

Post a Comment