Friday, September 16, 2011

Lady N'awlins Cajun Cafe


Location: 2329 West Main St. Richmond VA

Lady N'awlins a Louisiana themed restaurant with a variety of Cajun dishes on their menu. The lighting is perfectly dimmed for a semi romantic date, and for a social group. There is happy hour Mon-Fri $4 rails and $6 high tops (vodka tonic, cranberry vodka)We went later in the night around happy hour. The crowd looked like U of R students, but it's a great place to bring a date for good food and a fun young atmosphere. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! Who would think a Cajun restaurant like this would have dishes starting off at $14 going up to $18 but the price was worth it. You could start with alligator bites, oyster fritters, fried okra or fried pickles. We ordered the oysters fritters they were delicious! I limited myself to try one because they were fried and Andrey ate the other three (thank god!) Their main dishes were all authentic Cajun plates, Andrey ordered the Jambalaya which was the BEST jambalya I've ever tried. My brother went to school in Lousiana so I'm familiar with the food and that was the BEST jambalaya. It was a little on the spicy side if you don't like spicy food I wouldn't recommend it! I ordered the seared duck side of grits and tomato&cucumber salad. The duck was seasoned and cooked well. At first I had a problem realizing I was eating a little duck but once over that I was able to enjoy the dish. Their variety of desert was authentic in every way, the desert here you can't find anywhere else! We both got a creme brulee. Again the BEST creme brulee I have tried. The consistency of creme was so good my mouth is almost salivating at the thought of it.The waitress was very nice she didn't come to many times. By the end of the night there were a lot of people coming for the happy hour for us it was fun, but if you want a quite place come during the sunshine hours! If you walk in and you see this picture you know you're in the right place!

1 comment: